Monday, June 17, 2013

Boffin Nightmares

Sometimes I don't sleep so well. 

Really.  

But recently things have been a bit better.  



(I reckon I've got Shift Work Sleep Disorder, since walking the halls of hospitals overnight for too many months in my mid 20s.  But that's another story.  Re-Timer specs are all the rage at our house at the moment, and I think they're helping...See pic)

But I digress.  

Last night I had a nightmare. It went like this...

Boffins Stu and Jenks were involved.  We'd gotten our families together for a meal on a Wednesday night, pre-game.  Just like we were planning to this week.  

But somewhere along the line we got distracted.  We were having a great time with the kids, but around 8pm we remembered the game.  Which we'd missed!

We arrived in panicked state to find out that, no, we hadn't forfeitted the game. (Would that have meant relegation from the bottom of the ladder).  Rather, Boffin Dan had marshalled a number of younger players as stand-ins.  They'd donned wanna-be Boffin red shirts.  And they'd won.  

Without us.  

We were - I was - redundant.  Completely incidental to Boffin victory.  

Anyone able to tell me what this dream means?


No comments:

Post a Comment