Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Shadows

It's school holidays.

I don't go to school. 

Still, the great mass of the family does, and so is now idle at Port Fairy for a few days while I finish the working week.

There is an upside here for me, though.  I got to begin today at the beach. 

It was still pretty dark at six-thirty as I slid the 'gentle leader' over the snout of my son's beautiful hound. Bono.  It should have been still pretty dark as we shuffled  - Bono now off the lead - down the steps onto South Beach, at low tide. 

But the moon, though not full, was spilling it's light out of the clear sky and all over the sand. 



How unexpectedly delightful.  We were casting moon-shadows at the dawn of a winters day.

At dawn.

Down the other end of the beach - the east -  the sun was poised to overwhelm this fragile beauty with real splendour. 


 





No comments:

Post a Comment